Boultinghouse Blogs

A Boultinghouse Family Blog Page

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Grease Pickles and Snow Snakes

Grease Pickles and Snow Snakes have been a large part of my life recently. When I say, "Grease Pickle", it kind of just refers to all the McD's burgers I've been getting in a desperate rush for lunch, lately. The "Snow Snake" thing is actually more work related. It started when someone recently asked me what I was hunting on their property that day (I'm in pest control). This person joked, "Snow Snakes?" There's a lot less for us pest control guys to look for outdoors in the winter (usually busy inside with mice!). I have my own use for the "Snow Snakes" thing. Under all the snow cover we've had, the pocket gopher tunnels, which are normally underground, push up funny looking tubes in the snow. They look like boa constrictors made out of snow, laying in, well, the snow. Do pocket gophers drink tea or coffee?

The image “http://www.scimetricsltd.com/images/pocketgopher.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rochee said...

THAT is a hilarious picture. Did you take it or find it??

3/05/2007 8:38 AM  
Blogger Boultinghouse Blogs said...

found the pic on the web...it was also on an advertisement for one of our products we use...

3/08/2007 8:01 PM  
Blogger Rochee said...

Update, Update, Update!

3/19/2007 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home